The Dushore Area Business Association (DABA) was re-established in the fall of 2015, by a group of local business owners who were interested in uniting as a group to promote business and community interests. DABA promotes those business and community interests in Dushore and the surrounding area, by sponsoring quality activities and events, and highlighting the local businesses. The membership includes both brick and mortar and home-based businesses, and includes over 50 members ranging from multi-employee establishments, to non-profit organizations, to sole-proprietors.
The Dushore Area Business Association is a non-profit organization under the auspices of the Dushore Lions Club. DABA has a working relationship and common goal with both the Sullivan County Chamber of Commerce and the Endless Mountains Visitors Bureau. This website, along with a brochure printed annually, gives details about Dushore Area events and a calendar, a business map, and a listing of the members with contact information. The Dushore area is rich not only in the variety of businesses, but also the quality of products and services available to those who call the area home, seasonal residents, and guests visiting Sullivan County.
Dushore is located at the intersection of Routes 87 and 220, at the only red light in Sullivan County, PA, in the heart of the Endless Mountains. The first permanent settler in the Dushore area was General Cornwallace Jackson, who settled here in 1825. The community itself, however, was founded by and named for the French navy captain Aristide Aubert Dupetit-Thouars. Dushore was incorporated from Cherry Township in 1859. Until the incorporation, Dushore was known as Jackson’s Hollow, Mosier’s Hollow and Headleyville. In the 2020 census the population was 552. The elevation is 1450 feet and Dushore encompasses 514 acres.